Applications of UV disinfection
water systems for Hotels, Schools, Colleges, Canteens, Commercial
Buildings, Residential buildings, Individual Bunglows etc.
These systems will have a micron pre filtration system followed
by Activated Carbon Filtration and finally an UV system.
For use in various industrial process where
the presence of harmful bacteria and viruses is not acceptable.
Depending on individual industry needs we can provide all
the industries with suitable Ultraviolet Disinfection solutions.
High flow to very high flow UV model are available for each
and every application.
Good Life Products is proud to say that we
make the best UV water disinfection systems for use in Wastewater
treatment plants. Due to the various advantages of our Advanced
FEP Teflon Tube technology our UV systems give consistent
performance with very low maintenance. Today we have the expertise
to design UV systems for Wastewater treatment plants that
can be fitted on line just before discharge into the environment.
Wastewater disinfection with UV does not have any effect to
the Ecosystem of the river or lake into which the wastewater
is discharged as there is no residual effect with UV treatment.
Chlorination and other forms of chemical disinfection of wastewater
have a bad effect to the Ecosystem of the river or lake into
which the wastewater is discharged.
BEFORE REVERSE OSMOSIS (RO)
All RO membranes are prone to fouling due to
the presence of bacteria in the water. Fouling of the RO membrane
will not allow the RO system to function and may also lead
to frequent replacement of the membranes thus increasing your
maintenance costs. Field trials and practical on site testing
have proved beyond any doubt that installing a UV disinfection
systems before the RO membranes is benifical as well as cost
for Swimming Pools & Water Parks
In swimming pools UV works in two ways. Its
primary action is to kill Bacteria, viruses, moulds and their
spores, drastically reducing the risk of infection to bathers.
UV also has an important secondary action; it initiates photochemical
and photo-oxidation reactions which destroy chloramines, the
compounds responsible for unpleasant smells in pools.
All Good Life UV systems do not require a wiper cleaning system
as the water flows in non fouling Teflon tubes, ensuring optimum
performance at all times. Maintenance requirements are minimal,
the UV Lamps needing replacement once a year at most - a simple,
quick operation carried out by local staff.
- UV is effective against all micro-organisms
- Provides excellent water quality and
a more pleasant bathing environment
- Treats full re-circulating flow
- No chemicals required by UV system
- Can reduce the amount of chlorine by
100% when using UV
- UV is not hazardous
CHOOSE GOODLIFE UV FOR SWIMMING POOLS
- Simple systems and completely reliable
- Good Life UV systems do not require daily
- Systems are fully monitored to ensure the
correct dose of UV
- Alarmed for the unlikely event of UV tube
- Range of sizes to suit different demands
- Minimal space requirement
- No Destruction of the pool walls, P.V.C joints
- No need to change filter sand and no corrosion
of the pool pump.
- No Chlorine gas in the immediate environment
(excellent for indoor heated pools).
- No Corrosion of any metal parts due to UV.
- No Tear gas effect which makes the eyes red
(excellent for indoor heated pools).
- No Drying out and bleaching of Hair.
- No drying out of the skin.
- No adverse affects to female sensitive parts
(This is very evident with Salt Chlorinators)
- Safe for Humans that have Asthma problems.
- Safe for humans that have Allergies.
- Total destruction of both bacteria and Virus
components in the water (This is not possible with Chlorine
- Irrigate the grass, plants and flowers freely.
- Clean Fresh and pure swimming pool
Who wouldn't prefer the option of bathing
in a swimming pool, disinfected Without High Doses of Chlorine
and systems that produce high levels of Chlorine Gas? In fact
UV systems are a standard equipment in all swimming.
Pools in the Western countries. Kindly
contact us to know more about the use of our UV systems in
your swimming pools.
The use of Ultraviolet disinfection systems
in fish farms and hatcheries has lead to the production of
healthier and larger fish as well as the possibility of an
increase in stock densities without the increased risk of
UV does not change the physical characteristics
of the treated water so there are no undesirable side effects
such as toxic by-products, pH changes or temperature changes
in the water. All microrganisms responsible for fish diseases
are treatable using a Goodlife UV disinfection system. Some
major fish disease causing microorganisms are:-
- Infectious Salmon Anaemia (ISA)
- Viral haemorrhagic septicaemia (VHS)
- Infectious pancreatic necrosis (IPN)
- Coliform bacteria
- Saprolegenia (fungal disease)
- Ichtyophthirius (white spot disease)
- Faecal streptococci
In large aquariums containing expensive stocks of fish, it
is very important to use a UV system to keep the fish healthy
and safeguard from the disease causing germs. UV for fish
ponds is an absolute must to keep in control the algae growth.
Cooling towers utilize large
quantities of water. Since the surface area is large, the
dangers and scope of microbial contamination is also large.
Besides algae, bacteria such as the Legionella species pose
a serious concern and risk to industrial plants and buildings
featuring cooling towers. Yet another major problem is that
the massive heat transfer surfaces of the cooling towers and
chiller loops become vulnerable to corrosion caused by bacteria
and algae proliferating on these surfaces, thereby gradually
decreasing the heat transfer efficiencies. Such losses in
heat transfer efficiencies exact a price toll on the facility
by way of greater operating costs as well as diminished manufacturing
efficiencies. Ultraviolet (UV) light, which is a proven technology
for drinking water, can be applied to the treatment of cooling
tower water. As with drinking water, cooling tower water enters
the UV system where it is exposed to high doses of UV light.
The UV lamps produce light in the 254 nm wavelength. At this
wavelength, UV light targets the microorganisms’ DNA.
Exposure to the light scrambles the DNA and prevents the microorganisms
Disinfection of water using
ultraviolet light (UV) is a proven technology. This safe and
effective physical disinfectant is suitable for both large
and small applications.
A few customary applications
that use water as part of its manufacturing process are detailed
- Food processing
- Bottled water & Soft Drinks
- Drinking water
- Water based chemicals, paints etc.
UV is used in the method
of growing plants (e.g. tomatoes) in gravel or soil through
which water containing the necessary nutrients is pumped.
Without the use of UV, microorganisms may attack the plants
and prevent a good harvest. Goodlife UV has been successfully
- Any optically transparent fluid,
e.g. organic cutting oils
- Aqua Culture
- Chemical Industries
- Communities, institutes, nursery
- Cooling Towers
- Cosmetics Manufacturing
- D M Water System
- DI Sterilization Loops for
- Electronics, Semi-Conductors
- Fish hatcheries Purification
and depuration of oysters
- Food and beverage industry
- Hospitals, clinics and hydrotherapy
- Hydroponics Laboratories
- Liquid Syrup
- Marine & Offshore
- Mineral Water
- Petroleum Industries
- Power Industries
- Product Surface Irriadiation
- Recycled Water Irriadiation
- Reseviors & Water
- Restaurants, hotels, holiday
camps, camping sites
- Sewage water treating plants
- Shell Fish Purging
- Single houses; jointly owned
- Soft Drinks
- Sugar Syrups
- Swimming Pools & Spas
- Textile Industries
- TOC Reduction
- Water Bottling Plants
- Wells, springs and fountains
- Waste Water Treatment